Here, you can find the answers to some of the most common questions pool owners have.
1. What is chlorine-free BAQUACIL?
The BAQUACIL Pool Care System is a complete pool sanitizing system consisting of BAQUACIL SANITIZER AND ALGISTAT, BAQUACIL SHOCK & OXIDIZER, and BAQUACIL ALGICIDE. The product that actually kills bacteria in pool water is BAQUACIL SANITIZER AND ALGISTAT. The two other products in the system work with this product to keep your pool sparkling clear and algae free.
The active ingredient in BAQUACIL SANITIZER AND ALGISTAT is polyhexamethylene biguanide. It's so gentle it is used in some contact lens cleaning solutions. BAQUACIL SANITIZER AND ALGISTAT's chemical structure makes it extremely stable. So, unlike halogen sanitizers like chlorine and bromine, BAQUACIL SANITIZER AND ALGISTAT is not effected by sunlight, temperature, and pH fluctuations. (Back to Top)
2. If I am currently using chlorine and I decide to start using the BAQUACIL Pool Care System, can I use the same balance chemicals?
Yes, you can use the same balance chemicals if you are on chlorine or the BAQUACIL Pool Care System. (Back to Top)
3. Can I use the BAQUACIL Pool Care System if I have a plaster pool? What about fiberglass?
Yes, the BAQUACIL Pool Care System works in all types of constructed pools. Consult your Local Authorized BAQUACIL Dealer for complete conversion instructions or see our Pool Care Tips section. (Back to Top)
4. Can I use the BAQUACIL Pool Care System if I have a DE filter? What about a sand filter? A cartridge filter?
Yes, the BAQUACIL Pool Care System may be used in pools with different filter types. (Back to Top)
5. How often should I clean my filter?
Basically there are two ways to clean your filter: physically and chemically. Physical cleaning (backwashing, bumping, or hosing off a cartridge) should be done if the pressure on the filter gauge is 8-10 psi above the starting pressure when the filter is clean. A filter should be chemically cleaned at least twice a season (middle and end of season) with a acid based cleaner such as BAQUACIL FILTER CLEANER order to dislodge any deeply embedded dirt or break up and remove any debris such as grease, oil or scale. (Back to Top)
6. If I start using the BAQUACIL Pool Care System, what do I use to chemically clean my filter? And can this product be used for all filter types?
For all filters: BAQUACIL FILTER CLEANER
For sand filters: BAQUACIL SAND FILTER CLEANER
For DE & catridge filters: BAQUACIL DE & CARTRIDGE FILTER CLEANER (Back to Top)
7. Is the BAQUACIL Pool Care System compatible with all chemicals?
The BAQUACIL Pool Care System is different from chlorine- and bromine-based pool sanitizers. For that reason, many chemicals that work with one system won't work with the other. The BAQUACIL Pool Care System is not compatible with chlorine, bromine, any copper based chemical or non-chlorine shock. Always check with your Authorized BAQUACIL Dealer before adding supplemental chemicals to your pool. (Back to Top)
8. If I want to start using the BAQUACIL Pool Care System, do I need to drain my pool?
No, converting your pool to the BAQUACIL Pool Care System is a very easy process that usually takes less than 24 hours. Consult your nearest local Authorized BAQUACIL Dealer and they will instruct you on the proper procedures to start your pool on the BAQUACIL Pool Care System. Don't forget to ask about our BAQUACIL EASY START KIT all the products you need to convert your pool to chlorine-free BAQUACIL. (Back to Top)
9. If I switch from the BAQUACIL Pool Care System to chlorine, do I need to drain my pool?
No, you don't have to drain your pool. Consult your Local Authorized BAQUACIL Dealer for conversion recommendations. (Back to Top)
10. How long should I run my pump each day?
You should run your pump at least 8-12 continuous hours each day. (Back to Top)
11. If my BAQUACIL pool chemicals freeze, does this affect them? Will they still work?
If your BAQUACIL chemicals freeze, it should not affect the way they work. Be sure to check the bottles for any damage and if there is damage, dispose of them properly following instructions on the bottles. However, if there is no damage to the bottles, let them thaw, invert the bottle two times and use them. Because it has a vented lid, never invert BAQUACIL SHOCK & OXIDIZER. (Back to Top)
12. Do the pool testing chemicals have to be replaced every season?
BAQUACIL TEST STRIPS usually last 18 months. On the label of each test strip bottle is an expiration date. Replace your strips if they have expired in order to obtain accurate readings. If you have any further questions or more specific concerns that were not addressed here, please feel free to contact us. (Back to Top)