The first step to correct cloudy water is to check the filtration system.
Having trouble seeing the bottom of the pool because your pool water is too hazy? The most common symptoms of cloudy water are early algae growth, high pH, high total alkalinity and/or poor filtration. Cloudiness is a result of the presence of small particles in the water that are not easily filtered or removed by oxidation.
- Poor Filtration: Check filter operation and clean filter with HTH® Filter Cleaner.
- Early Algae Growth: If you notice algae in your pool complete the following two steps:
1. Adjust pH into the range of 7.2 - 7.4 with HTH® pH Minus
or HTH® pH Plus® at least one hour before shocking
2. Shock treat your pool with an HTH® Shock product
- High Total Alkalinity: Lower total alkalinity with HTH® pH Minus (always adjust total alkalinity before adjusting pH)
- High pH: Lower pH in the range of 7.2 - 7.6 (yellow sanitizers) or lower pH into the range with 7.2 - 7.8 (orange sanitizers) with HTH® pH Minus
- Shock treat your pool weekly
- Maintain total alkalinity in the range of 60 - 120 ppm
- Maintain pH in the range of 7.2 - 7.6 (yellow sanitizers) or 7.2 - 7.8 (orange sanitizers)
- Check and clean filter routinely (twice a year)
|HTH® Filter Cleaner with Natural Protein Additives
Effectively cleans all type of pool filters.
|HTH pH Minus
Use to lower pH levels or lower total alkalinity.
|HTH® pH Plus®
Use to raise pH levels.
|HTH® Shock Product
Apply HTH® Shock 'N Swim or HTH®